Task Manager is Disabled or not working !!!
To open the Task Manager, you normally would do one of the following:
# Press CTRL-ALT-DEL on the keyboard
# Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC on the keyboard
# Right-click on a blank area on the start bar and choose Task Manager
# Click on Start, Run and type TASKMGR in the run box and press Enter
Sometimes instead of Task Manager opening you’ll see the following screen. In these cases, you’ll have to follow the methods below to re-enable access to the Task Manager.
Here we are providing all the possible methods that we know for the same. Please find the details below :
First we’ll begin with the various registry modification methods for correcting this problem.
Method 1 – Using the Group Policy Editor in Windows XP Professional
1. Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
2. Under User Configuration, Click on the plus (+) next to Administrative Templates
3. Click on the plus (+) next tSystem, then click on Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options
4. Find Remove Task Manager in the right-hand pane and double click on it
5. Choose the option “Not Configured” and click Ok.
6. Close the Group Policy Window
Method 2: Change the Task Manager Option through the Run line
1. Click on Start, Run and type the following command exactly and press Enter
2. REG add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Method 3: Change Task Manager through a Registry REG file
1.Click on Start, Run, and type Notepad and press Enter
2. Copy and paste the information between the dotted lines into Notepad and save it to your desktop as taskmanager.reg
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
3. Double click on the taskmanager.reg file to enter the information into the Windows registry
Method 4: Delete the restriction in the registry manually
1. Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
2. Navigate to the following branch
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System
3. In the right pane, find and delete the value named DisableTaskMgr
So as of our knowledge any of the above method will help you out to solve the entire issue of Task Manager Disabled.
Keep in Touch !!!!
In case of any other query you can mail us on email@example.com